Friday, June 13, 2008

Tombstones at Abbotsford's Mill Lake.

Here is something a little eerie to think about.

A friend, a homeless friend, mentioned he had been to Mill Lake but it was getting to depressing to go there and see all the tombstones, especially those for children.

Haven’t seen any tombstones at Mill Lake? Or just haven’t noted them as tombstones.

They are hard to miss being spread around the lake and rather large, large enough to sit on. Yes the benches with their memorial plaques.

Is not a tombstone a memorial, usually but not always of stone, with an inscription noting the passing of someone?

A little something to ponder as you stroll around Mill Lake, past the tombstones.

It certainly caused me a discombobulating moment and a little pondering. The next time I find myself at Mill Lake watching the waterfowl I just may find myself sitting on the stone wall instead of the adjacent benches/tombstones.

I did say it was a little eerie.

Comments:
Hello! I just ran into your blog! I need your help if you know homeless people from the Salvation Army in abbotsford. My father is one of them. His name is Steve Russell! I would love to hear back if you know of him! Check out my blog, he is on there! Thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?