Saturday, July 05, 2008

Don't worry - be happy.

This is just one of those things you just have to share.

I was speaking to a friend of mine who had been off work sick; I was glad to see her out and about and looking good. Appearances, as it turned out, were deceiving.

She had had a nasty flu and on top of that had picked up a virus that has damaged her heart to the point she needs a transplant. She is on the waiting list for a heart and transplant surgery.

Let me digress for a moment and say this is why I have always signed the documents for organ donation and made sure family and friends know I strongly believe in organ donation. Donated organs literally save lives. If you have not signed for organ donation please do.

Anyway my friend shared something that struck me as quite funny in a weird, somewhat twisted way and had my friend hastening to tell me how well everyone had treated her.

They had told her to go home and not to stress about it.

You heart has been damaged, you need a new heart, you are on the waiting list for a heart – should one become available, you would then undergo heart transplant surgery and … oh yes, don’t stress about any of this life/death stuff.

Life versus death, but don’t worry – kick back and be happy. Bizarre.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?